These terms and conditions outline the rules and regulations for the use of Yukudemy's Learning platform (Yukudemy) & Yukudemy's other family of applications.
's head office's located at:
Yukudemy Ewuata; Oluku; Ayivu; Arua; Westnile - 61971, Uganda
By accessing & using Yukudemy platform & other Yukudemy products, we assume you accept these terms and conditions in full. Do not continue to use Yukudemy's family of applications or other services provided by Yukudemy if you do not accept all of the terms and conditions stated on this page.
The following terminology applies to these Terms and Conditions, Privacy Statement and Disclaimer Notice
and any or all Agreements: 'Yukudemian' therefore refers to the person accessing & using Yukudemy platform & other Yukudemy products such as Enterprise, yukusite & Yukuvillage and accepting the Yukudemy's terms and conditions. This could be a student, an instructor, a yukusite publisher or client requesting for software quotation. "Yukudemy", refers
to an open online learning platform (Yukudemy) & other Yukudemy family of applications. All terms refer to the offer, acceptance and consideration of payment necessary to undertake the process of our assistance to the Client in the most appropriate manner, whether by formal meetings of a fixed duration, or any other means, for the express purpose of meeting the Yukudemian's needs in respect
of provision of the Yukudemy;s stated courses and services/products, in accordance with and subject to, prevailing law of Uganda. Any use of the above terminology or other words in the singular, plural, capitalisation and/or he/she or they, are taken as interchangeable and therefore as referring to same.
An instructor may publish any course provided, such a course can be of a value to some other humans -- therefore, Yukudemy does not put restrictions on the kind of courses allowed for publication. However it is imperative that you (Yukudemian) are beware of the following conditions underwhich Yukudemy support team might unpulish your course
- Political courses are likely to be unpublished, if deemed unfit.
- Courses that promote immorality in society are likely to be unpublished, if deemed unfit.
- Courses that are currently not having impact in society, may be recommended by the yukudemy Quality Assurance team to be improved on, co-instructed or unpublished.
- Courses whose instructors have not yet uploaded enough contents may be unpublished if they become ongoing.
Course Content Quality
Yukudemy is not responsible for the quality of the content provided in the courses; therefore instructors who publish their courses on yukudemy platoform are the ones responsible for the quality of their contents. However, note that Yukudemy will either refund a learner's money or ask the learner to select a substitute course, if he/she claims a sub-standard content (not worth his/her already made payment). And in such a situation Yukudemy Quality Assurance team will first have to verify the learner's claims to be true.
Course pricing & Payments
Yukudemy is not responsible for determining the cost of a given course. It is up to instructor's discretion to put a given course at a given price or set the course price to USD 0 (free). This is because Yukudemy assumes that the instructor understands his or her market better than anyone. However, Yukudemy Sales team recommends the following pricing model for instructors so that she (Yukudemy) can achieve her mission of accelerating education amongst humanity
It is important to note that Yukudemy will convert your course pricing into 8 other currencies so that yukudemians around the world can easily make payments through the payment channels available to them such as mobile money, VISA cards, through their (yukudemians') banks & barter for your courses in case they (Yukudemians) get interested. The conversions will be based on the current exchage rates, and therefore may vary from day to day. These currencies (including USD) are the following:
- It's fairer that courses published for primary school level or secondary school level targeting learners from Uganda, South Sudan & DRC do not exceed USD 2.5
- It's fairer that computer introduction courses do not exceed USD 5.0
- It's fairer that advanced computing courses do not exceed USD 12.0
- It's fairer that vocational courses do not exceed USD 7.0
- Euros (EUR)
- Ghananian Cedi (GHS)
- Kenyan shillings (KES)
- Nigerian Naira (NGN)
- Pound Sterling (GBP)
- South African Rand (ZAR)
- Tanzania Shillings (TZS)
- Ugandan Shillings (UGX)
- United States Dollar (USD)
Yukudemy Marketing team will try their level best to market the courses, however as the number of courses are increasing it becomes challenging to give effective marketing for individual courses; therefore Yukudemy advises instructors to personally market their courses including using the marketing tools provided by Yukudemy such as sharing the courses to social media platforms.
Yukudemy sales the instructor's courses through her online platform (Yukudemy) as well as through the enterprise application. For all monies collected, the instructor willl be paid 60%. This percentage can vary any time as deemed by the Yukudemy team and such variations will always be updated in the terms and conditions. An instructor who puts a course at free cost will not receive anything. All payments to course will always be made to the Yukudemy's payment accounts -- not instructor's account.. Also the instructor will always be paid at the end of month
An instructor will not determine who should subscribe to his/her course. Anyone who meets subscription conditions should be able to enroll for the given course. These conditions include the following:
Note that, the instructor may be disciplined by the Yukudemy team for harrassing a student. And also a student may be disciplined by the Yukudemy team for harrassing other students or instructors
- For paid course, the student must have fully paid the course fee. However note that, student will always be allowed to pay in bits, but course will be activated after having completed all payments
- For free courses, the concerned student has sent Appreciation message to the instructor
- The person of interest must have registered with Yukudemy through https://www.yukudemy.com/register and activated his/her account and has signed in.
Most of the modern day interactive web sites
to enable the functionality of this area and ease of use for those people visiting. Some of our
Unless otherwise stated, Yukudemy and instructor's and/or it's licensors own the intellectual property rights for
all material on Yukudemy. All intellectual property rights are reserved. You may view and/or print
pages from https://www.yukudemy.com for your own personal use subject to restrictions set in these terms and conditions. However a student who has fully enrolled for a given course may have a full access to the course resources provided by the instructor of that course
You must not:
- Republish material from https://www.yukudemy.com
- Sell, rent or sub-license material from https://www.yukudemy.com
- Reproduce, duplicate or copy material from https://www.yukudemy.com
Redistribute content from Yukudemy (unless content is specifically made for redistribution).
- This Agreement shall begin on the date hereof.
- Certain parts of this website offer the opportunity for users to post and exchange opinions, information,
material and data ('Comments') in areas of the website. This is common with YukuForums (where course discussions are held), Yukunotes(where a student writes about the benefits of the course to him or her.) etc. Yukudemy does not screen, edit, publish
or review Comments and posts prior to their appearance on the website and Comments do not reflect the views or
opinions of Yukudemy, its agents or affiliates. Comments reflect the view and opinion of the
person (instructor or student) who posts such view or opinion. To the extent permitted by applicable laws Yukudemy shall
not be responsible or liable for the Comments or for any loss cost, liability, damages or expenses caused and or suffered as a result of any use of and/or posting of and/or appearance of the Comments on this
- Yukudemy reserves the right to monitor all Comments, posts, course contents and to remove any Comments which it considers in its absolute discretion to be inappropriate, offensive or otherwise in breach of these Terms and Conditions. This could be harrassing contents, or political contents
- You warrant and represent that:
- You are entitled to post the Comments on our website and have all necessary licenses and consents to
- The Comments do not infringe any intellectual property right, including without limitation copyright,
patent or trademark, or other proprietary right of any third party;
- The Comments do not contain any defamatory, libelous, offensive, indecent or otherwise unlawful material
or material which is an invasion of privacy
- The Comments will not be used to solicit or promote business or custom or present commercial activities
or unlawful activity.
- You hereby grant to Yukudemy a non-exclusive royalty-free license to use, reproduce,
edit and authorize others to use, reproduce and edit any of your Comments in any and all forms, formats
Without prior approval and express written permission, you may not create frames around our Web pages or
use other techniques that alter in any way the visual presentation or appearance of our Web site.
Reservation of Rights
We reserve the right at any time and in its sole discretion to request that you remove all links or any particular
link to our Web site. You agree to immediately remove all links to our Web site upon such request. We also
reserve the right to amend these terms and conditions and its linking policy at any time. By continuing
to link to our Web site, you agree to be bound to and abide by these linking terms and conditions.
Removal of links from our website
If you find any link on our Web site or any linked web site objectionable for any reason, you may contact
us about this. We will consider requests to remove links but will have no obligation to do so or to respond
directly to you.
Whilst we endeavour to ensure that the information on this website is correct, we do not warrant its completeness
We shall have no responsibility or liability for any content appearing on your Web site. You agree to indemnify
and defend us against all claims arising out of or based upon your Website. No link(s) may appear on any
page on your Web site or within any context containing content or materials that may be interpreted as
libelous, obscene or criminal, or which infringes, otherwise violates, or advocates the infringement or
other violation of, any third party rights.
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, we exclude all representations, warranties and conditions relating to our website and the use of this website (including, without limitation, any warranties implied by law in respect of satisfactory quality, fitness for purpose and/or the use of reasonable care and skill). Nothing in this disclaimer will:
- limit or exclude our or your liability for death or personal injury resulting from negligence;
- limit or exclude our or your liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation;
- limit any of our or your liabilities in any way that is not permitted under applicable law; or
- exclude any of our or your liabilities that may not be excluded under applicable law.
The limitations and exclusions of liability set out in this Section and elsewhere in this disclaimer: (a)
are subject to the preceding paragraph; and (b) govern all liabilities arising under the disclaimer or
in relation to the subject matter of this disclaimer, including liabilities arising in contract, in tort
(including negligence) and for breach of statutory duty.
To the extent that the website and the information and services on the website are provided free of charge,
we will not be liable for any loss or damage of any nature.
Yukudemy Terms & Conditions
If you have
any queries regarding any of our terms, please contact us via email or phone.